That's what I felt like asking Lorie, Landry's babysitter, when I dropped Landry off this morning. I felt bad leaving her...Lorie, that is, alone with such a cranky little girl.
Landry is teething. That means sore gums, spicy diapers, and a sour attitude. Thank goodness for Baby Orajel. It makes me so sad for her, but I know it will all be worth it when she is able to eat hamburgers, or steak or Chicken Mini's from Chick-fil-a. Mmmm. But trying telling that to a 10 month old. Just hang in there honey, and we'll get you a slice of pizza.
You know the same goes for cutting spiritual teeth. We may have to endure some sore feelings, spicy relationships, and a sour attitude (our own), but in the end it will all be worth it when we can relish spiritual solid food.
Hebrews 5. 11-14: ...I have a lot more to say about this, but it is
hard to get it across to you since you've picked up this bad habit of not
listening. By this time you ought to be teachers yourselves, yet here I find you
need someone to sit down with you and go over the basics on God again, starting
from square one—baby's milk, when you should have been on solid food long ago!
Milk is for beginners, inexperienced in God's ways; solid food is for the
mature, who have some practice in telling right from wrong.
I have been struggling with this lately. I feel like God is going over the basics with me again and again.
-I love you with an everylasting love, Child.
-Love your neighbor, Amy.
-Don't forget to consider others better than yourself.
-Amy, worry about nothing, pray about everything.
Our preacher said something yesterday that really hit home with me. He said that people often ask why bad things happen to good people, but honestly, bad things happen to everyone. And there is no such thing as "good people".
Psalm 103.10-13: He has not dealt with us according to our sins, nor
rewarded us according to our iniquities. for as high as the heavens are
above the earth, so great is His lovingkindness toward those who fear him.
As far as the east is from the west, so far has He removed our transgressions
from us. Just as a father has compassion on his children, So the LORD has
compassion on those who fear Him.
The truth is that we can never be good enough. He is Good. We can never do enough. He did it all. We can never earn it. He gave His son willingly.
2 Corinthians 5:21: He made Him who knew no sin to be sin on our
behalf, what we might become the righteousness of God in Him.
So although I may feel like whining, complaining and maybe chewing on something, I know that His goal for me is holiness. Not just my happiness. And just about the time I want to go back to the comfortable, familiar milk, I feel a tooth break through.
Thank you, Lord, for loving me too much to leave me as is.



4 comments:
This is good, Amy!!! You definitely got me thinking.
love this post, Amy! so glad we're sisters in Christ!
(in response to your comment on my last post) Who knows, maybe we'll own a fun little shop together one day? :) wouldn't that be fun!
Wow sister! That was awesome. You could so publish that in a devotional magazine for moms! Love ya! M
Post a Comment