Friday, March 21, 2008

You Know You Need to Get Out of the House When...

I was at home with a sick little girl for two days this week and I have become very familiar with the Disney Channel. (Molly, do you think you could get me a job?!) In fact, I think I like it more than Landry now.



Let me tell ya', there are some real dramatic twists and cliffhangers that left me on the edge of my seat, but best of all...Happy Endings! What more could you ask for?



ummm, well in my case, how about a life!?



You know you need to get out of the house when....

1. Phrases such as "Meeska Mooska Mickey Mouse" and "Oh Toodles" come to mind and you can actually perform the Hot Dog Dance....Hot dog, hot dog, hot diggity dog.
2. You become sincerely concerned that Tigger and Pooh won't be able to reunite the Mother Bird and her lost egg...so much so, that you are late to work, because you've just gotta see how it turns out.

3. You start thinking that Johnny from Johnny and The Sprites is somewhat attractive. Nevermind that he is a 30 year old man who plays with magic puppets...

Thankfully the girl is feeling much and I will be seriously limiting my Disney Channel intake.

5 comments:

Janelle and Ella said...

You are speaking my love language. hehe. "hot dog, hot dog, hot diggity dog" Ella and I were just dancing to that this morning and it's been in my head the rest of the day. These are all Ella's favorites and frequent our t.v. often. What about the Dooblebops? Is Landry a fan yet? It could possibly be Ella's favorite. Yikes.

Ben, Abby and Abe Lowery said...

too funny! glad landry is feeling better!

Anonymous said...

I get these in my head all the time! I like you sing them to hubs and tell him I am singing him to sleep.
Do you want to go shopping or have a playdate sometime before I move? I feel like I know you now better than when we were RA's from your blog! ;)

Michelle said...

ha ha ha! you know...the doodlebops songs continuously play in my mind and at 3am in the morning feeding Jack...I CAN'T TURN IT OFF!! so, i am not sure about janelle's suggestion! i guess they are fun..but a little addicting.

Steph V said...

found your blog through Coy's and had to comment! This post cracked me up because I too have been stuck at home with a sick one. It's awful when I am humming the tune to Little Einsteins!!! My little one is really into cartoons right now and we watch endless hours of Max & Ruby. Ruby drives me insane so I'd prefer Mickey anyday! LOL!!