Thursday, March 6, 2008

Office Makeover: Amy Edition

I decided to redecorate my office a couple of weeks ago and it is still very much a work in progress. On recommendation from Nester, I painted the walls "Tobacco Road" . It is so much warmer and more welcoming compared to the blah white that was here before.

They relocated City Hall to this old telephone building in the late 90's and they covered over the mauve walls with boring white, and it hasn't been updated since...until now!

I also have installed my very own imaginary window. The colors look very yellow because of my floresent lighting, but I got this beautiful fabric for only $7/yard....regularly $35/yard! Let me hear a whoot whoot!
Next I am going to paint a chocolate brown stripe on this wall and place these letters to spell out MAIN STREET...because well, this is the Main Street Office and because these are such lovely letters that I got 50% off, thankyouverymuch!
NOW! What to do with this mess!? (Hey Janelle, that's your blog on my screen!)
That concludes today's edition of Office Makeover: Amy Edition. Lesson of the day...Color=Good, Blah White=Bad

6 comments:

Little Lovables said...

Oh, I love that color, it's going to look nice with the stripes!

Ben, Abby and Abe Lowery said...

love it! can't wait to see the finished product! i want to paint my home office green with maybe a white or brown stripe. great minds think alike! :)

Anonymous said...

That is so funny! I like the "fake window!"

Anonymous said...

I love the color!!...I can't wait to see the letters up on the wall! Great idea...and great job!

The Nester said...

Amy!!!

I am so sorry it took me so long to comment here!

I spent the weekend at my sister's house and checked my blog then and came over here on Saturday and LOVE how it looks! But, I couldn't leave a comment because she was logged in as herself...

Anyhow, LOVE the office, love the fake you out drapes, love the MAIN street! I love that Tobacco Road is being used in city hall!!!!!

Great job!

Janelle and Ella said...

HAHAHA!! That's hilarious!! It's fun that I can picture where you are reading my blog. You crack me up!