Monday, February 4, 2008

GREAT WOLF LODGE REVIEW

The Great Wolf Lodge was....well, GREAT! I just wish we would have had more time. We didn't get to the hotel until 7 p.m. on Friday night and then went to Salt Grass to eat, so it was even later when we got back to stay. Let me tell you, one could spend hours, no days, in this place and not get bored. Here are a few pics for those of you who are interested in going.
Here is the entry lobby, that as you can see, has a very lodgy feel to it. Yes, there is a tree in the lobby. You are not seeing things. Not to worry, it is a only a very real looking FAKE tree. So no threat of squirrels!This is the hallway leading to our room. The walls have murals on them as well as vines growing on them. You can also see the kiosk in the picture. That is part of an interactive videogame of sorts called MagiQuest. You can purchase "magic wands" and then the game sends you on a wild goose chase to find all the clues. There were treasure chests, bird cages, pictures, sleeping trees, amoungst a few of the items we saw.
Here is Robert in our bigger than life jacuzzi tub in our room. It was enourmous. We opted for the jacuzzi suite, but they have fun rooms where there is a kids cabin/fort inside the room with bunkbeds. Perhaps when Landry is older, we'll try that.This is the view out our window. This is the outdoor pool area, that was obviously closed.And Robert's favorite part was, you guessed it....Pizza Hut!There is also a yummy sweet shop with fudge and Blue Bell. And now...the main attraction. I think Robert said the waterpark is 80,000 sq. ft. which really doesn't mean a whole lot to me, other than it is really big. We also visited the archade, where I won 3 whole tickets, playing Deal or No Deal. Clearly, I am the lucky one in the family. Speaking of family, my brother-in-law, Justin's fire station is right across the street from the GWL and so we went by to see him at work. He let us ooh and aah over the fire equipment and answered all our stupid questions. Quite the educational fire house visit.

We thought we were going to get to see Justin sooner than that because the fire alarm at the lodge went off around 7:45 a.m. Saturday morning. I was already down stairs, but Robert got to get the full experience evacuating from the 7th floor in tiny stairwell. He said there were about 10,000 kids and 5 parents. One unfortunate incident involved a toddler and some gastrointestinal issues he was experiencing! Yikes! In the stairwell, mind you, with the other 10,004 people + Robert. Fun times! This didn't last too long and then Robert and I got to go for our relaxing massage! WONDERFUL!

All in all it was a great get-away, except for missing the girl, of course. I have to say I thought it would be a lot harder on me but surprisingly, it was harder on Robert. I tell you, we are slowly but surely, softening him up!

I would have to give the GREAT WOLF LODGE 4 out of 5 stars. Slight deduction for price gouging and toddler regurgitation.

2 comments:

Janelle and Ella said...

Sounds SO FUN! I can't wait to visit there. I'm glad y'all got to go.

paperjunk-lc said...

I've been there for a meeting my company had. Looks like a grand time for little ones. The rooms are pretty expensive but I guess if you consider what you'd spend on going to a water park it evens out.