Monday, November 10, 2008

Fun with the Flynts

Friday we met my sister and kids at the Frank Buck Zoo in Gainesville to play on their playground. It is an amazing fun fort with multiple slides and bridges and tunnels. Even I liked playing on it, but not nearly as much as Landry Lu. She played peek-a-boo with her cousins. Here they were all in the dog house and Jerod claimed they had a new puppy named Landry.Miss L also enjoyed swinging and she was her little independent self as always.

After playing on the playground for a while Joshua informed us it was our turn on the train. Landry thought it was fantastic! Sweet Morgan was kind enough to be our photographer for the duration of the train ride and she got some pretty good shots.After lunch at Cici's, Melissa and I traded girls and she took Landry home for the night and I got to keep Morgan. Morgan and I went to the pep rally and the Denison/Sherman Battle of the Ax football game. It was cold, but exciting because we won, 34-17! Go Jackets and Congrats on a 10-0 perfect season! This made Coach Lay very happy!So much so, that he actually buried Landry and himself in leaves in the backyard on Saturday. We definitely have no shortage of leaves in our yard...which equals lots of fun for the girl. Which means even more fun in the bathtub later!
Sunday, as we were getting ready for church, I heard strange noises coming from the hall bath. Landry Lu found her way back to the tub, fully-clothed this time and was having a ball playing with her toys.

What a fun weekend and my oh my, how fast my girl is growing. This week she officially stopped calling me "mama" and now refers to me as "Amy". What?! My 16 month old calls me by my name!? I don't think so...I am trying to roll with it, because I am sure it is just a phase. Until then we are working on saying "Robert"! : )

3 comments:

Todd & Leah said...

Your sweet Landry is so precious! She has the brightest, smileiest eyes! What a little smarty too! She sounds like she is so advanced verbally.

Isn't it crazy how busy, and into anything and everything they are. Love the pic in the tub...like she was saying..."no water---no problem"!

Thanks for inspiring me to be a blogger, loving it so far! I have 2 weeks under my belt. Check ours out www.huntfamilylife.blogspot.com.

Toodles! Leah

Matt, Andrea, Luke and Halle said...

hey, I got Luke's backpack in Canton, but you can buy them online, too. just google Stephen Joseph and lots of different places sell them. there are so many cute ones!

Kelly said...

Scott's office is opening an office in Frisco - he was trying to talk me into moving there today.
I could only move in my parents moved too because they would KILL me if I moved their only grandchild 8 hours away from them.
But I DO love Dallas! (maybe one day!)