Tuesday, May 26, 2009

If It Weren't for Bad Luck...

I'd have no luck at all.


I have been saying that for a few weeks now. I don't really believe in luck, which makes it silly, but it is certainly how I have felt the past month or so. Thus the blogging absence. My sister said I need to document the ridciculousness of it all so here goes....as to not bore you all to tears, I will make a list. (i love lists, btw!) This list may be TMI for some of you.


Had jaw pain
-went to dentist for x-rays
-found nothing abnormal
-went home
-woke up with excruciating pain
-went to emergency room
-hydrocodine!! good times!
-later that day, more pain
-meet dentist at 8PM
-temp. filling
-root canal following monday
-get ER bill, more excruciating pain! yikes!



Pipe breaks & House floods
-live with friends/hotel for 4 days (difficult with a almost 2 yr. old)
-house has huge fans/dehumidifiers for a week
-bathroom jacked, must replace vanity, some tile



Have girly probs
-doctor describes antibiotic
-bad reaction to antibiotic, burns esophagus
-now on nexium



Robert breaks his front tooth
-looks like Lloyd Christmas from Dumb & Dumber
-$$$ (yes, that is the sound of my bank account drying up)
-gets tooth fixed...all good. handsome once again! whhheww!


Close Robert's truck door on my hand
-have to open door to get finger out
-finger swells, throbs, bloody
-go to doctor to have it drained.
-needle in fingernail. wouldn't recommend.


Upside:
-Get a new bathroom
-Expect Christmas Cards from all the doctors we have visited as of late....
and at the end of the day...

I get to be this girl's momma!


3 comments:

Janelle and Ella said...

WOW! That is a lot!!! Well, I have certainly missed y'all in bloggy land.

Todd & Leah said...

Way to keep it in perspective Amy! But, bless your heart. That is quite a bad month. Hope the future is a bit more boring and craze free! Hang in there. Great to have you back to the blogger world. Hope you guys have a good summer!

Heather said...

Like they say...when it rains, it pours! Did you happen to take doxycycline for your girly problems...because I had a terrible burning reaction to that drug!