Tuesday, September 25, 2007

A Kidney Stone...HA! God is MY Rock

My dad has had kidney stone problems since I was in Middle School, passing several each year. He jokes that he is trying to repave the driveway. : )

Yet he never really complains. I have heard that kidney stone pain can be compaired to childbirth, and having been through that, I can't understand how he is not a big fat whiner!

Dad will be having surgery on Friday to 'blast' a couple of stones in his kidney. But there is no need to worry about a few little pebbles because

"The LORD is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer; my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge. He is my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold." Psalm 18:2

and Jeremiah 32:27 says "Behold, I am the LORD, the God of all flesh; is anything too difficult for Me?"

All you have need of, His hand will provide. He's always been faithful....I love you, daddy and am praying for you!


2 Corinthians 1:9-11

Indeed, in our hearts we felt the sentence of death. But this happened that we might not rely on ourselves but on God, who raises the dead. He has delivered us from such a deadly peril, and he will deliver us. On him we have set our hope that he will continue to deliver us, as you help us by your prayers. Then many will give thanks on our behalf for the gracious favor granted us in answer to the prayers of many.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I looked stoned in this picture. DW